For large size dual seater high fidelity simulators with optionally mounted internal cabin structure for high realism.
The OpenFRM Dual is a low to mid cost 3 or 6 degree of freedom (3DOF/6DOF) simulation platform targeted at serious simulator builders who are seeking to develop a medium to high fidelity motion simulator of any kind for up to 2 people. The OpenFRM Dual comes with a choice of two different motion systems and can be turned into a motion simulator very quickly with little addition of parts from the simulator builder.
The OpenFRM Dual system provides a solution to ALL the difficult engineering for a simulator builder, allowing them the opportunity to focus on producing the cockpit fitout (such as controls and software) to produce a high quality 3DOF or 6DOF motion simulator for any application.
The OpenFRM Dual is based around the W10 6DOF Motion System or the U10 3DOF Motion System, which feature some incredible response and fidelity.
The OpenFRM Dual is very versatile in terms of compatible applications, some of which could be:
• Flight Simulator for medium to heavy wide body size aircraft with internal cabin section
• Driving Simulator for Car or Truck / Bus with internal cabin section
• Military Vehicle Simulator
• Watercraft Simulator
• Train driver or Rail Simulator
• Crane Driving, Mining Equipment or Haul Truck Simulator
The OpenFRM Dual comes with the following inclusions:
• W10 6DOF Motion System (for highest fidelity) or U10 3DOF Motion System (for mid fidelity applications).
• Rigid steel framework and assembling hardware (screws/brackets/etc) which requires some very basic assembly to hold the main structure on the motion platform
• Rigid prefabricated fibreglass curved projection screen structure and 3 high resolution widescreen projectors for total immersion offering a substantial 30o vertical and 180o horizontal field of view.
• Rigid steel constructed and 25mm multi-ply floor for installing all the cockpit components such as seats, controls and other components.