CASA Cat B or C / FAA Level 3 or 4 / JAA FNPT II
This exciting new range of flight training devices from ESI revolutionises the industry standards of commercial flight training. These units offer incredible fidelity at sensational value, replicating either generic categories of aircraft, or specific types. These units are not simply part task trainers - they can be used effectively to teach a person how to fly, under normal and emergency conditions. The MotionSim units must be experienced to be understood fully.
The MotionSim series come in two basic layouts:
- MotionSim3 - 2 seater configuration with TripleSeamless Projection Visual System covering 120o Horizontal x 30o Vertical External Visual Scene. These units are most appropriate for Twin Piston and Twin Turboprop aircraft where single pilot training is carried out with the instructor seated in the right hand seat. Note: The MotionSim3 unit is pictured to the right
- MotionSim5 - 4 seater configuration with TripleSeamless Projection Visual System covering 200o Horizontal x 40o Vertical External Visual Scene. These units are most appropriate for all types of aircraft from single piston to multi engine jet transport aircraft where single or multi pilot training is carried out with the instructor seated behind the pilots along with an observer. Due to the nature of the Visual and Motion System, these units can be approved for visual circuit procedures including a full Multi Engine Instrument Rating Renewal.
All our MotionSim units can be mounted on a 6DOF Motion System. Either the W10 or W25 6DOF Motion Systems can be used for 6DOF applications (required for any extra credits).
- No Motion - Not recommended for this high a fidelity flight training device. Motion could possibly be added at a later date. No extra credits available to training device.
- W10 6DOF Motion System - Full 6 Degree of Freedom (6DOF) Motion System. This motion system is required for extra Aeronautical Credits on the MotionSim3 devices.
- W25 6DOF Motion System - Full 6 Degree of Freedom (6DOF) Motion System. This motion system is required for extra Aeronautical Credits on the MotionSim5 devices.
All MotionSim units can be configured with Dual or Single controls. The control loaders are extremely high fidelity electric servomotor based control loaders which are typically found on multimillion dollar full flight simulators. The feel of the control loaders can only be described as "identical to the real thing", offering very large amounts of force, at just the right time. The controllers can be:
1. YokeLDR - Single or Dual Dash Yoke, as found in most GA aircraft.
2. ColumnLDR - Single or Dual Control Column, as found in many larger turboprops and pure jets.
Further to this, all our simulation devices also come equiped with our high force PedalLDR Rudder Pedal units for very high fidelity on the runway and in critical emergencies.
The cockpit configuration is obviously one of the most critical components of any flight training device. We are not limited in any way as to what cockpit components we can install on a simulator, simply because it is more often than not, that we manufacture all our cockpit instruments in house. Since every component is engineered fully in house, we have the capability to manufacture any specific gauge, instrument or device.
Alternatively, we have some standard off the shelf offerings for our generic MotionSim units, which have all the required instruments to meet fully the CASA Cat B, FAA Level 3 or JAA Generic Categories. These offer by far the most cost effective alternatives for all three class of aircraft offered in the MotionSim range.
The cockpit configurations can therefore be:
- Generic Twin Engine Piston - Conventional or Glass Type Instruments, 150 - 180kt flight model. Perfectly suited to beginner multi engine training for normal and emergency conditions. Ideally suited to smaller training schools.
- Generic Twin Engine Turboprop - Conventional or Glass Type Instruments, 240kt flight model. Perfectly suited to advanced multi engine training for normal and emergency conditions. Ideally suited to larger training schools and aviation colleges who wish to provide a much better student to Airline clients. These units are the first place a serious student should begin to learn about "building capacity as a pilot". These devices can reproduce very realistic emergency situations in a cockpit, allowing students to be overloaded in simulated safe conditions at airspeeds of 240Kt, in a full motion Airline style simulator.
- Generic Twin Engine Pure Jet - Conventional or Glass Type Instruments 400 - 450kt flight model. Perfectly suited to Highly Advanced multi engine training for normal and emergency conditions. Ideally suited to larger serious aviation colleges and smaller regional airlines who want to build very high capacity in thier students/pilots. These units are perfect when a Full Flight Simulator is completely out of the question due to cost. These devices can reproduce very realistic emergency situations in a cockpit, allowing students to be overloaded in simulated safe conditions at airspeeds of 450Kt, in a full motion Airline style simulator.
- Type Specific - Any of the above units tailored to a particular type of aircraft, for the highest fidelity training. It should be noted however, that in general, creating a specific type cockpit can be quite costly (in particular for obscure aircraft), and as such, should really only be considered by airlines, charter operators or specific task operators (eg emergency services / military). These units are excellent for recurrence training in a particular type.